This blog is about my journey as a Serial Entrepreneur, my quest to travel to Abu Dhabi & Dubai, United Arab Emirates, the path I’m taking to get there, and a learning experience for me that I’m sharing with you. This is a message of hope to all entrepreneurs out there to stay motivated, believe in your dreams, and never stop. This blog will document my perseverance, stubbornness, diligence, tenacity, and good old fashion elbow grease and moxie. I’ll talk about technology, writing a business plan, online marketing techniques, culture in the Middle East, business and social Etiquette in the UAE, business networking, and organization affiliations. I hope you learn from my blog, feel free to ask me any questions, post comments, and I hope you enjoy this ride as much as I am.



Monday, August 9, 2010

No BlackBerry Use in UAE


DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES -- Citing national security concerns, the United Arab Emirates said Sunday that it will block key features on BlackBerry smartphones because the devices operate beyond the government's ability to monitor. The decision could prevent hundreds of thousands of users business visitors and tourist alike in the UAE from accessing e-mail and the Web on their devices starting Oct. 11th.

Hmmm... this is not good.  I have an iPhone, but I couldn't imagine not being able to use it in the UAE.  I'd feel like a fish out of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment