This blog is about my journey as a Serial Entrepreneur, my quest to travel to Abu Dhabi & Dubai, United Arab Emirates, the path I’m taking to get there, and a learning experience for me that I’m sharing with you. This is a message of hope to all entrepreneurs out there to stay motivated, believe in your dreams, and never stop. This blog will document my perseverance, stubbornness, diligence, tenacity, and good old fashion elbow grease and moxie. I’ll talk about technology, writing a business plan, online marketing techniques, culture in the Middle East, business and social Etiquette in the UAE, business networking, and organization affiliations. I hope you learn from my blog, feel free to ask me any questions, post comments, and I hope you enjoy this ride as much as I am.



Friday, August 13, 2010

Why is the Rear-View Mirror smaller than the Windshield?

Cars are made with a very large windshield and a very small rear-view mirror because in order to drive safely and reach our destination we need to look forward more than we do backwards. Imagine driving down the road, focused most of the time with your eyes looking back at everything you pass while you’re speeding down the highway. We can imagine the eventual result of not keeping our eyes forward, or what happens when we aren’t focused on what’s ahead of us. How much time should we spend reflecting backward versus making sure we’re looking forward? The intent is for us to look forward rather than spending all of our time looking back. Hopefully, I’ll keep this in mind when I feel unbalanced. Sometimes my personal life intertwines or interferes with my business endeavors, and I need remind myself that in order to reach my goal I need to keep looking forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment