This blog is about my journey as a Serial Entrepreneur, my quest to travel to Abu Dhabi & Dubai, United Arab Emirates, the path I’m taking to get there, and a learning experience for me that I’m sharing with you. This is a message of hope to all entrepreneurs out there to stay motivated, believe in your dreams, and never stop. This blog will document my perseverance, stubbornness, diligence, tenacity, and good old fashion elbow grease and moxie. I’ll talk about technology, writing a business plan, online marketing techniques, culture in the Middle East, business and social Etiquette in the UAE, business networking, and organization affiliations. I hope you learn from my blog, feel free to ask me any questions, post comments, and I hope you enjoy this ride as much as I am.



Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Build It and They Will Come

During my Abu Dhabi trip planning process, I found it difficult to find relevant information online that gave me an accurate perspective on what it feels like to be an American Woman traveler to the United Arab Emirates. I want to plan the perfect holiday trip to the Middle East. I am a single mom, and therefore I want a vacation package to cater to the needs of me as a woman traveling alone, and still have abundant age appropriate activities for my daughter’s amusement as well. As I started researching lodging accommodations, transportation, and activities on the Internet, I realized I was being pointed in several different directions to hundreds if not thousands of web sites. Some web sites were relevant during my search, and some were completely off the mark. However, I was determined to piece together the puzzle of data from my many Google searches and layout the best well planned vacation in Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Anytime I found relevant information I would print it or take hand written notes. Well, the abundance of paper scattered in my bed room and notes stuffed into my purse were becoming overwhelming. The information stored haphazardly was not easy to keep track of even if I were to hole-punch it and put it in a 3-ring binder. As my research intensified, I started keeping all the information I found in a Word document.   I organized the document with a table of contents that had category titles leading to page numbers within the document. This was useful, but not aesthetically pleasing as I tried to show my daughter pictures and information about our next vacation.

In addition, I know if I was searching for an accurate, complete, and comprehensive travel guide to Abu Dhabi for women, so were other people out there in the Travel Universe. The abundance of information I painstakingly gathered over the past 9 months has got to be useful to other women travelers. I decided to share this information with the world via a group of web sites focused on Abu Dhabi and categorized by interest. The main web site is Abu Dhabi Cupcake, which gives readers “Need to Know” information about the UAE capital as a travel destination, and it acts a gateway to the other web sites organized by interest/category.





And there's much more where that came from:
Abu Dhabi Kids, Abu Dhabi Ruffin’ It, and Abu Dhabi Wine will be launched August 1st.  

The catalyst for starting this project came from my pursuit of the ultimate luxury vacation and need to keep track of useful information to assist with my travel plans. Thus, you will find just that, relevant information on luxury accommodations, exotic desert activities, once in a lifetime experiences, jaw dropping scenery experienced nowhere else in the world and etiquette guidelines so you can have a safe and fun holiday in the UAE.  

No comments:

Post a Comment