This blog is about my journey as a Serial Entrepreneur, my quest to travel to Abu Dhabi & Dubai, United Arab Emirates, the path I’m taking to get there, and a learning experience for me that I’m sharing with you. This is a message of hope to all entrepreneurs out there to stay motivated, believe in your dreams, and never stop. This blog will document my perseverance, stubbornness, diligence, tenacity, and good old fashion elbow grease and moxie. I’ll talk about technology, writing a business plan, online marketing techniques, culture in the Middle East, business and social Etiquette in the UAE, business networking, and organization affiliations. I hope you learn from my blog, feel free to ask me any questions, post comments, and I hope you enjoy this ride as much as I am.



Monday, July 12, 2010

There are NO LIMITS for my DREAMS!!!



I do not live in Abu Dhabi, nor have I ever visited Abu Dhabi. I’m in the process of planning a trip to Abu Dhabi and I’m going to get there. Most of the time when I share MY DREAM of going to the capital of the United Arab Emirates, I’m greeted with puzzled faces staring back at me in a state of confusion which set the stage for questions like “Why do you want to go there? Is it safe? Isn’t that real expensive? Well you know you can’t live there?” I look back at them with just as much confusion, and say why wouldn’t I want to go there? Abu Dhabi is dripping with jaw dropping opulence and luxury to provide a once in a lifetime ultimate travel experience. With an abundance of Sea, Sun, and Sand, the UAE has the ultimate in Shopping, Entertainment, and display of Modern Architectural Wonders. They’re goal is to do everything BIGGER and BETTER than the rest of the World. Abu Dhabi gracefully competes with their neighbor Dubai to be the World’s #1 Luxury Tourist Destination. I enjoy Dubai and Abu Dhabi’s friendly brotherly competition. Competition to be the best gives birth to bigger and better ideas testing limits of acheivement, and ultimately provides a win-win situation for both the tourists and tourist destination. Do I want to rub elbows and be associated with people that dream SO BIG they want to be the biggest and best in the world? YES!!! The leaders of Abu Dhabi and Dubai have such imagination, drive, and ability to overcome challenges that small minded people would pop a blood vessel trying to even chart a path to conceive one of their visions. Abu Dhabi is home to Ferarri World, yes Ferrari World!!! Dubai is home to the World’s Only 7-Star Hotel (the Burj Al Arab). Knowing that you still want to know why I want to go there. You’re the crazy one for not wanting to explore the UAE.

People, especially the ones closest to me, like to place limits on My Abilities & MY DREAMS. Notice how I said “My Dreams”, that’s because they are My Dreams to do what the heck I want to with them. I can make My Dreams come true, or I can leave them floating around in my head.  However, I’m a Pure Blooded Undiluted Stirred Not Shaken (don’t like it dirty) Entrepreneur. I take extreme risks, and I’m willing to give it all up to accomplish My Dreams. And if I lose I’m willing to do it all over again. I was not designed nor built to be a follower or think small. It is my instinctive nature to think BIG, dream the impossible, and build it if it doesn’t exist.

Watch the below CNN Interview with Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Ruler of Dubai and Prime Minister of United Arab Emirates: "It's not a Recession, It's a Challenge".  Sheikh Mohammed discusses his Vision to be #1 around 2:40.



Yes, I will achieve my dream of going to Abu Dhabi, and you’re lucky that I’m sharing my journey with you. Yes, if you’re ready this, you are not only lucky but privileged to have access to what I discover along the way to fortune, fame, and luxury travel in the UAE. Most of you will be reading this from desks in your cubicles as you perform your rudderless mundane boring jobs. You’ll often think to yourself: “I wish I could go there, I wish I could leave this stagnant place of despair with no hope for upward mobility in exchange for a life of pure bliss no worries and 365 days of sunshine.” Well, all I can do is share with you how I made my dreams come true. You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink. It’s up to you to do the work after I give you the knowledge and tools. Strap in and hold on tight to witness the Ride of MY LIFE.

3 comments:

  1. hello Michele,
    hope u r doing ok. actually i lived 20 years of my life in Abu Dhabi, and it is the best place i ever been to. I still going to Abu Dhabi 3-4 times each year. beside in the jan 2013, i will be there again for a job again.
    so please be free to contact me if you have any inquery about the place there,..
    and yes its very safe there for everyone.

    waleed
    waleedobeidat@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Main too,if you limited your dreams then you gonna be a loser in my point of view because limitlessness is great for a healthy person and that how it works .....
    Abu Dhabi Tourism

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going in Abu Dhabi and Dubai won't disappoint you in terms of the things that you would like to see. Buildings are abound almost every corner in the city. Magnificent buildings at that.


    property shop

    ReplyDelete